Thursday, July 19, 2007

Pieces of Peace Quilt Project

Eear WISDOM Women,

Please read about this peace project below, and contact Stacey if you are interested in participating.


Shalom, Salaam, Peace,

My name is Stacey Francis I was raised in Southfield and have lived in Farmington Hills with my husband Tim for the past 10 years. We have 2 sons, Benjamin 8 and Noah 5. Our community is a rich mix of religious and spiritual beliefs. It is easy for us to go through our day without connecting with the people we encounter in our daily lives.

I am participating in a community project for a course I’m taking through Landmark Education. Through this program I have learned how to live powerfully and live a life I love. This program is not a religious program although I do believe I was led by God and I am grateful for the opportunity. I invite you to take part in creating a community peace quilt. Pictures you create on paper will be scanned and transferred onto a piece of fabric which will be stitched into a quilt. My goal is to unite our diverse community by getting to know our neighbors through our ideas of peace in the world. I would be honored if you would participate in this project and invite other people you know to participate. By participating in this project we will see our neighbors as friends who have the same destination in mind but follow different paths to get there.

To participate in this project:

1. Consider Peace as a possibility throughout our world. Use any standard piece of plain 8 ½ x 11 copy paper. Please draw or write what this might look like to you. Be as colorful as possible using crayons, markers, or paint. Leaving ¼ inch borders around your picture will allow for quilting. You are welcome to do this as an individual, a family or a group. Put your name, phone and email on the back in case we need to contact you. Send to 20307 W. 12 Mile Road Suite 105 Southfield MI, 48076
2. Please send an email to me at staceyfrancisdc@aol.com that describes who you are and why you chose to participate in this project with an understanding that this will be posted on the internet next to a picture of your quilt piece.
3. Please join us for the showing of the completed quilt. This is to acknowledge our community as a role model for peace, enlightenment and education. The showing will occur on the date of October 21, 2007 at 3 o’clock pm at Adat Shalom Synagogue 29901 Middlebelt Rd. Farmington Hills, MI 48334 All are welcome to attend.
4. If you happen to have a sewing machine and can sew a straight line, your help is also needed to put the pieces together.
5. Quilt pieces must be submitted by October 1, 2007.

I would like for this to be a traveling symbol that has it’s home in all of our spiritual homes and therefore, once completed, the quilt will take temporary residence in the religious and spiritual centers in our community.

Thank you for taking it on,

Stacey Francis

No comments: