Friday, August 17, 2007

PEACE THROUGH WISDOM CIRCLES

Here is the first Peace Through WISDOM Circle news. WISDOM is anxious to hear back from any of the circles that were formed at our July 8th event. One of our circles has registered with the Peace X Peace website and gotten connected to a sister circle in Kenya. This is the first e-mail that was sent to Kenya, and they are awaiting a reply.

"Hello Kenyan sister circle!! My name is Paula and I am participating in the sister circle because of our parent organization, WISDOM, a women's interfaith network in the Detroit, Michigan (USA) area. I'm happy to be in touch with interested "sisters" in Africa, since I spent two months in Namibia and Botswana in February and March of 2007. I loved my experience and contact with African people. I haven't been to Kenya, and only know about it from friends who have visited there.

I'm a retired teacher of Humanities and Comparative Religions at a community college in the Detroit area. I have two grown sons, Chris and Doug, with their wives, Rae and Ann, and a little granddaughter who is four years old named Denice. My Mom is still living and she's 89. I just left Indiana where I was visiting her for the weekend. I'm healthy and I love to travel, especially to foreign countries. When I retired from teaching, I coordinated multicultural and international programs for my college for a year and a half, and then I quit to do some travel teaching for the Baha'i Faith in Africa. I enjoy participating in all kinds of interfaith efforts since my faith practices the "unity of humankind." You can't have unity without getting to know one another, so I'm interested in knowing about you. How long have you been interested in interfaith activities (if at all) and what have you done to promote them? What are your other interests?

I think that's all for now. My sister circle is looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Paula

No comments: